2019 Beta 200 RR
BYOB - Build Your Own Beta now available! Choose a prebuilt package or add your items from the Parts section to your cart, and build your custom 2019 Beta with no labour charges to install those parts! Don't see your favourite part? Get in touch with us and we'll make it happen. Love Your Beta!
The new 2019 Beta RR arrives on the market with a broader range than in previous years. The Tuscan bike builder, in fact, hasn't just been working towards a more refined product with significant technical improvements: it's also introduced a new 200 cc engine. A 2-stroke that, following the recent introduction of the 125 cc, completes the product range, which now features no less than
eight different models.
The Beta philosophy is to make sure each engine size has its own distinct personality so as to meet the specific needs of every enduro rider. Given the engine size and low weight, the newly arrived RR 200 2T has inherited the chassis set-up of the 125. More specifically, the frame, in chrome molybdenum with double cradle split above the exhaust port, has been designed for small engine displacements. It features revised main dimensions and ensures optimal engine positioning. The chassis, an offshoot of its smaller 125cc sister - is characterized by a special layout that aims to optimize weight distribution and engine dynamics.
This model, thanks to the introduction of the automatic oil injector and the electric start, it's a great all-around bike for those looking for some epic Enduro or off-road free time fun.
Of course, there's been no lack of upgrades across the existing range either, with improvements stemming from extensive race experience: in the last two years Beta has won two EnduroGP Manufacturers World Championships, an Enduro3 World Title and EnduroGP title with Steve Holcombe, an Enduro Junior World Title with Brad Freeman and two wins in the Assoluti d’Italia.
Work has focused on both the engine and the chassis setup, with particular attention being paid to the suspension – front and rear – now fitted with top-drawer ZF components which are much more advanced than those used in the past.
RR 200 cc 2-stroke
As already mentioned, the introduction of the 200cc engine has broadened the RR my 2019 range. These 2-stroke engines have, in addition to the above, the following distinctive advantages:
• Double piston rings (ø 62 mm): component designed to ensure high rigidity and reliability; the choice of double rings provides a better seal at the low and medium revs that typify Enduro riding.
• Beta progressive valve: made-in-Beta system characterized by a special relationship between the opening of the main flap and that of the side boosters. The delayed opening of the boosters enables excellent performance progression throughout the engine's rpm range.
• Crankshaft with polyamide inserts: favors lightness and ensures optimum filling of the crankcase, boosting performance and reliability.
• Cylinder: has an exhaust flange system as on the bigger engines, enabling better control of frontal piston-flap-cylinder play. By keeping this value to a minimum, it is possible to achieve
a significant low-rev performance boost by reducing gas leakage.
• Aluminum demountable cylinder head dome: rigid and lightweight solution made possible by shifting the engine mount on to the cylinder. The geometry of the combustion chamber is designed to ensure a high-efficiency thermodynamic cycle and obtain the best compromise between responsiveness at low-to-medium revs and during spurts. It also facilitates fine tuning and replacement of the combustion chamber.
• Die-cast crankcase in aluminum alloy: the casing geometries were designed according to an innovative layout in terms of the relative position of components and with a view to maximum weight reduction without compromising structural strength. Considerable attention was focused on the main bearing area to ensure correct wall rigidity in order to withstand the stresses transmitted by the crankshaft.
• Die-cast crankcase covers in magnesium alloy: ensure very low weight and optimal surface finish. It also proved possible to adopt this solution for the inner clutch cover thanks to isolation of the water pump from this element.
• Vforce4 reed valve packet: the stoppers ensure high reliability without compromising performance.
• 6-speed dog-box transmission: specially developed for small Beta engines with gears made from forged blanks to provide mechanical strength and reliability while still keeping size and weight extremely low.
• Clutch: multi-disc in oil bath with reverse opening, actuator integrated into the outer cover. This is a system designed for maximum engine lightness and compactness. Thanks to low-slung positioning, it ensures reduction of power unit size and a significant centralization of weight, crucial for good chassis dynamics.
• Exhaust system: to optimize the 2-stroke engine's torque and power curves, the Beta R&D Department has developed a special system dedicated to this engine size.
• Electric start: perfect start-up convenience whatever the situation.
• Automatic oil injection: eliminates the need for a fuel-oil premix.
• Geometry of the new upper coupling points: various solutions were investigated and developed before reaching a final one that has allowed a reduction in engine-generated vibration while maintaining good engine-frame system stiffness.
• New ZF (ø 48 mm) fork with new adjustment system: allows positioning of the
compression, rebound and spring preload adjusters on the upper fork cap; they can be reached while sitting on the bike and do not require tools. The fork also benefits from a new packing system which ensures greater stability and a slider with special anodizing that reduces friction and increases durability.
• New fork shoes (yoke): stiffer and lighter.
• New fork guards: designed together with the shoe to combine practicality and design.
• Fully redesigned ZF shock with more compact ø 46 mm piston. The new piston has been designed to ensure more stable operation as the oil temperature varies and increased sensitivity to enhance comfort and traction. The small upper base and reservoir have also been redesigned to rationalize the system and minimize weight and bulk. New spring is also lighter.
|TECHNICAL DATA RR 200 ENDURO|
|Frame||Molybdenum steel with double cradle split above the exhaust port|
|Max length||2167 mm|
|Max width||807 mm|
|Max height||1270 mm|
|Seat height||930 mm|
|Ground clearance||325 mm|
|Footrest height||410 mm|
|Dry weight||97,5kg (214lbs!) (front 47,5 kg; rear 50,0 kg)|
|Fuel tank capacity||8.5 l.|
|Cooling system capacity||1.3 l.|
|Front suspension||Hydraulic USD fork with ø 48 mm shaft|
|Rear suspension||Monoshock with progressive compound lever|
|Shock absorber stroke||135 mm|
|Front wheel travel||295 mm|
|Rear wheel travel||290 mm|
|Front brake||Wave disc ø260 mm and double-piston floating caliper|
|Rear brake||Wave disc ø240 mm and single-piston floating caliper|
|Front rim||21 x 1.6 - 36 fori|
|Rear rim||18 x 1.85 - 36 fori|
|Front tyre||90/90 - 21|
|Rear tyre||140/80 -18|
|Type||Single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid-cooled|
|Exhaust Valve||BPV system|
|Ignition||AC Kokusan - digital CDI|
|Spark plug||NGK BR8ECM|
|Induction system||induction reed|
|Lubrication||Mixing with electrical pump|
|Carburettor||Keihin PWK 36|
|Clutch||wet multi-disc with reverse opening|
|Engine oil||SAE 10W/40|