2020 Beta 250 Race
BYOB - Build Your Own Beta now available! Choose a prebuilt package or add your items from the Parts section to your cart, and build your custom 2020 Beta with no labour charges to install those parts! Don't see your favourite part? Get in touch with us and we'll make it happen. Love Your Beta!
Yes you can buy it online right here and now. You will select the shipping options in your cart based on your location!
Beta launches the new 2020 Race on the market! Beta presents the race-ready version of its new-generation Beta Enduro range, unveiled back in July.
As customers have come to expect, it’s fitted with all the equipment needed to make it a truly race-ready machine, set up for any situation it’ll encounter during competition.
Beta engineers have therefore focused on developing a high-end set-up and incorporating all those details – both aesthetic and functional – that reduce weight and ensure even higher performance under all race conditions.
The new 2020 Race has, in fact, all the same features that have enabled Steve Holcombe and Brad Freeman to dominate the World Enduro circuit over the last few years, winning several titles in succession.
The Racing family consists of 7 models: 125, 250, 300 cc 2T (2-stroke) and 350, 390, 430 and 480 cc 4T (4-stroke).
Compared to the respective standard versions, the 2020 Race range stands out on account of:
- Kayaba AOS forks with closed ø 48 mm cartridge: these new KYB spring forks feature a closed-cartridge design and are renowned worldwide for being top-of-the-range. Close collaboration between Beta and Kayaba has created a bespoke product which features a new fork shoe design and a unique calibration reserved for the RR models. Also, the presence of anodized internal components minimizes sliding friction, whilst the customary compression and release adjusters allow easy attainment of optimum settings at all times. Therefore, Kayaba forks ensure excellent operation under all usage conditions, being ultra-reliable, easy to tune and, what’s more, considerably reducing weight (0.5 kg lighter than the 2019).
- ZF ø 46 mm shock absorber with new calibration: this newly refined set-up lets riders make the absolute most of the new chassis.
- Black anodized triple clamp.
In response to riders who are always looking for slashing weight, the Beta R&D department has once again decided to dispense with the automatic mixer in order to reduce bike weight as much as possible. 2020 Race 2-stroke machines run on oil/gas premix, thus honing the racing pedigree of this version.
- Quick release front wheel pin: essential for saving precious seconds during a race, this device speeds up tire repairs.
- Vertigo hand guards: solidity, eye-catching design and In-Mold graphics make this accessory indispensable for off-road riding.
- Metzeler Six Days tires: for confident off-road riding. It’s no coincidence that these tires are the most widely used in top-level Enduro competitions and by multiple world champion Steve Holcombe.
- Black Ergal footrests: with a broad contact surface and steel pegs to ensure optimum grip under all conditions. A robust yet lightweight structure means these footrests also have a longer lifespan.
- Rear sprocket with anodized aluminum core and steel teeth: a perfect combination of lightness and durability.
- Red Ergal chain tensioner blocks.
- Racing seat with document pocket.
- Black anodized shift/brake levers.
- Transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap in red anodized aluminum.
- Racing graphics and red rim stickers.
Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 2-stroke, liquid cooled, with BPV power valve system and counter balancer, electric start with a back-up kick starter sold as an option.
Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
Exhaust Valve: Beta Progressive Valve (BPV)
Ignition: AC-CDI Kokusan.
Spark Plug: NGK BR8ES
Lubrication: Pre-Mix (Oil Injection kit can be ordered as an accessory)
Carburetor: Keihin PXK 36mm
Clutch: New, 6-spring wet multi-disc
Final Drive: O-ring chain
Frame: Molybdenum steel/double cradle w/quick air filter access.
Seat Height: 36.6”
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 16”
Dry Weight: 228 lbs. (wet weight, no fuel)
Electrical: Multi-function Meter
Fuel Tank Capacity: 9.5 Liters
Front Suspension: 48 mm KYB AOS Closed Cartridge fork, adjustable compression and rebound
Rear Suspension: Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 11.6”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Metzeler Six Days
Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty