2018 BETA 390 RR RACE EDITION
The Race-Inspired models from Beta
The 2018 RR range has now been beefed up with a Racing version. These models are developed through the Beta Race division and are very similar to the bike that Enduro World Champion Steve Holcombe competes on. 2018 Racing models will be available in the 250 and 300 cc 2T (2-stroke) and 350, 390, 430 and 500 cc 4T (4-stroke) engine sizes. With the influence of the official Team Beta Factory Enduro riders – reigning E3 world champion Steve Holcombe and reigning Italian champion Alex Salvini – numerous upgrades have been made to reduce weight and improve handling during the array of situations that the riders encounter in their championships. In addition to the above, Racing versions benefit from the numerous technical improvements introduced on the standard bikes, improvements which have made them lighter, more streamlined and higher-performing than previous models.
Compared to the respective standard versions, the RR Racing My 2018 range stands out on account of:
Beta engineers have been hard at work developing the front and rear suspension settings. More specifically, they've introduced:
- 48 mm closed-cartridge Sachs fork with new, lighter, redesigned slider. The system is filled with latest-generation low-friction oil and calibrated to match the 2018 frame to perfection.
- Shock absorber with revised valving and calibration that improves the overall performance of the rear suspension in working with the new design of the frame.
- Black anodised triple clamp to blend perfectly with the red fork tubes.
- New Michelin tyres.
The Racing range also includes these items that set the bike apart from the standard versions:
- Quick release front wheel pin: speeds up tire repairs, saving precious seconds in race situations.
- Vertigo hand guards: modern design, tough and “In-Mold” graphics; ideal for extreme off-road riding.
- Black CNC footrests: light and sturdy, with a broader contact patch, steel pins to ensure maximum, long-lasting grip under all conditions
- Twin Ring Rear sprocket with anodised aluminum core and steel teeth: an unbeatable combination of lightness and durability.
- Red CNC chain tensioner blocks.
- Racing seat with pocket.
- Black anodized shift/brake levers.
- Transmission oil cap, engine oil cap and oil filter cap in red anodized aluminum.
- Special Racing graphics and rim decals.
Type: Single cylinder, 4-valve, (titanium intake and exhaust), 4-stroke, liquid cooled, electric start with a back-up kick starter sold as an option
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan. 200 watt output at 6000 RPM
Spark Plug: NGK LKAR8A-9
Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch
Fuel System: 42mm Electronic Fuel Injection w/Dual injection system
Clutch: New, 6-spring wet multi-disc
Final Drive: DID O-ring chain
Frame: Molybdenum steel/double cradle w/quick air filter access
Seat Height: 36.8”
Ground Clearance: 12.6”
Footrest Height: 16.2”
Steering Rake/Offset: 26.5 degree rake/23mm Offset
Dry Weight: 242 lbs. (wet weight, no fuel)
Fuel Tank Capacity: 2 US gallons
Front Suspension: 48 mm Sachs Closed Cartridge fork w/ skf seals, adjustable compression and rebound
Rear Suspension: Aluminum Body Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
Front Wheel Travel: 11.6”
Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro Competition
Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty